ENTERPRISE SRI LANKA PROGRAMME
ERABUMA CREDIT SCHEME
FINANCIAL SUPPORT FOR INNOVATIVE BUSINESS START-UPS
Calling for Applications for setting up of Business Start-ups by the Sri Lankan Graduates, Diploma, Higher
Diploma and Graduate level skill certifi cate holders.
The National Budget 2018 provides an opportunity for youth to build their own businesses through the
"Erambuma Credit Scheme" to commercialize and accelerate growth. The above loan will be provided on the
merit of a business plan and a viable business idea. The loan scheme shall be operated islandwide. The Sri
Lanka Export Development Board (EDB) is calling for applications from suitable companies / incubators /
individuals under the following conditions
- A citizen of Sri Lanka below 35 years.
- Be a young university Graduate, Diploma, Higher Diploma and Graduate level skill certificate
holders NVQ level 5,6 & 7.
- Not a defaulter to Bank or any financial institution.
- Have a suitable project location for the proposed venture.
- Be able to submit a business plan with a positive cashflow for review.
- Have required knowledge and skills to operate the project.
- The interest rate will be 100% subsidized by the Government.
- Maximum of Rs. 1.5 million will be given per person per company/ per innovative idea
- Loans will be granted on non-collateral basis through Bank of Ceylon & People's Bank
- The Applicant shall be liable to pay back the total amount of the facility borrowed from the bank within
seven years from the date of disbursement.
- Applicant should not be a Government employee, or a citizen of another country or a person living abroad.
- Both investment and working capital loans are considered under the "Erambuma" scheme. However,
working capital funding should not exceed 50% of the total facility.
- Projects will be evaluated by the evaluation committee functioning under the EDB
- The priority will be given for business ideas related to export value chain.
Obtain the online application from http://exporter.edb.gov.lk
For any clarifications you may contact;
“Erambuma” Help desk : 0112303862
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Chairperson & Chief Executive
Sri Lanka Export Development Board
42, Nawam Mawatha,